Update on my geometric fabric

15 08 2010

For those of you waiting to see what I am doing, I have finally done the next layer on this fabric.  After a great deal of thought, I added two more elements.  I used Crimson Lumiere Paint with my Corn Chips screen and Copper Lumiere Paint with my Tangled Triangles screen.  I toyed with adding some metallic foil, but I have decided that this is enough.  I have a plan for what I am doing with it next.  Here are some photos.

Here is the final piece

Close up of the two screens I used

some detail

More detail

I have dyed 12 half metre pieces to go with this fabric.  Here they are:

6 tints of Rust Orange

6 tints of Chocolate

 

Now that these are ready, I know what I am doing with it.  A very simple quilt top which will hopefully show case my surface design. 

However, instead of heading straight to the sewing machine, I have three classes to upload onto the online classes.

Advertisements

Actions

Information

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s




%d bloggers like this: