146 pages of projects and ideas. Over 30 projects covering decorations, gifts, gift wrapping – some of them really quick to achieve. There are some great stories and loads of clear crisp pictures. I love the Strippy Ornaments using metal mesh to shape three dimensional ornaments as well as the found object brooches, really simple and gorgeous place mats and the art cloth fabric photo frames. I almost forgot the Artsy Apron. I am not an apron wearer, but I need several versions of this I think. They are my favourites, I wonder what yours will be?
I have significant numbers of this magazine, but they will sell out and I won’t be getting any more. Official on sale date is 7 September, but they are available now. Buy online at www.uniquestitching.com.au
Here is the front cover:
Here is the description according to the publisher:
Quilting Arts Gifts is a special issue of Quilting Arts Magazine devoted to the art of gift-giving! Check out our 148-page fourth annual issue for festive inspiration. With more than 30 seasonal projects, inside this fourth annual issue, you’ll discover:
• Make it Quick! Featuring fun, festive projects to make in an afternoon, including wool felt pincushions, painted and printed magnets, portable artsy frames, stylish bags for organizing, gingerbread-inspired bookmarks, and more.
• Holiday Décor section with projects for the home, including a painted tree skirt, patchwork advent houses, stockings for the fireplace, napkins and napkin rings, a yo-yo garland, coasters, organizational boxes, and more.
• Ornaments section with ideas that will extend well beyond the holiday season. Projects include no-sew fabric ornaments, sculptural ornaments, 3-D mod house ornaments, fabric egg ornaments, and more.
• Gifts section featuring a reversible patchwork tote, artful rag dolls, pincushions made from recycled wool sweaters, a thread-sketched eyeglass case, handmade holiday cards, jewelry—from brooches to bracelets, art cloth fabric frames, a unique quilted recipe on a rolling pin, and more.
• Find the newest and best gadgets and tools recommended by our editors. These are perfect ideas for gifting (or keeping!)
• Check out the Quilting Arts list of must-have books for 2010.
• Best & Worst Quilt Gifting stories, from our readers. Quilting Arts Gifts isn’t just for the holidays. Do you have a birthday, anniversary, or special occasion on the horizon? Our jewelry, wearables, tote bags and more make ideal gifts for almost any occasion.
This is the third or fourth year that QA Gifts has been produced. This year we will also see Cloth Paper Scissors Gift, due out mid October.